Home

PS3 hard drive format

A third party disk management tool(I like MiniTool partition Wizard 9.1) will make things easy. You can: Plug in your hard drive to PC and then run MiniTool Partition Wizard. Just with a few clicks, you can reach the goal to format the disk. Furth.. If you need to format external hard drive with FAT32 file system for PS4/PS3, you can ask the help of a third-party partition manager, AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard. It allows you to convert external hard drive to FAT32 without formatting and format a large external hard drive to FAT32, exFAT, NTFS, Ext2, Ext3, and Ext4 on PC You just need to buy a PS3 external hard drive, format it to FAT32 (it is the only file system supported by PS3), and then connect it to your PS3 console Well, usually, PS3/PS4 uses external HDD (Hard Disk Drive) to save data like games and that hard drive must be FAT32. Because SONY is using FAT32 as the standard for PS3 and PS4. They can't read NTFS. But what's the difference between FAT32 and NTFS The PS3 also supports external harddrives connected to the USB port (identified as USB Mass Storage device) using only FAT12/16/32 file systems format. File systems like UFS/UFS2, EXT3/EXT4, which are natively used on internal harddrive cannot be used on external on a non-modified system

The PS3 is compatible with just about any 2.5-inch SATA notebook hard disk. Both 5400- and 7200-RPM drives should work fine. The physical size of the hard disk is important because it has to fit.. Some people ahve had to hide almost a quarter of the drive and ended up with on 1.85TB in storage but that is still better than using a 1.75TB drive and loosing the standard 10% plus what the PS3 holds back for performance The PS3 formats the hard drive if is not recognized by the console, asking for the most recent software. Thurs, doing a FAT32 format on the PC is a waste of time. - Lemon Jul 6 '18 at 14:0

How to replace PS3 fat blu ray drive

Basically, your PS3's might be detecting something wrong with the drive, which would cause it to perform a full format, where its just doing a quick format on my drive. I recommend you guys (BACKUP FIRST!) take the HD out of the PS3; take it into windows, format it to NTFS and run this (free) tool: h2testw 1.4 Hard Reset procedure for the PS3 (as instructed by Sony CS). Be sure to backup your settings/games saves by doing a System > Backup on your PS3 or you may lose your game saves! Also, this is a last resort procedure prior to exchanging/returning to sony. 1. Power Off the PS3 via the power switch in back and power back on w/switch. 2 Settings that are saved in the system storage, such as bookmarks under (Internet Browser), will be deleted. You can shorten the formatting time by selecting [Quick Format] from the system storage format methods. It is recommended that you select [Full Format] when formatting a system storage that contains important or sensitive data. You cannot. I replaced my ps4 hard drive to 2 tb. Do i have to format the hard drive on my computer before putting it into my ps3 also the playstation website doesn't have the system software for the ps3 just the update file so how would i go about putting a new hard drive in because my old one wont work anymore for some reason so i need to switch it out

If the format here doesn't have FAT32 listed, you must format your hard drive for PS3 compatibility before continuing. If the hard drive does have FAT32 listed next to Format, you can proceed with attaching your hard drive to your PS3. Steps for PS3 USB format FAT32 (Easiest) Right-click the external drive or USB you intend to format and choose Format. Set the Partition label, File system (NTFS/FAT32/EXT2/EXT3/EXT4), and Cluster size, then click OK. Click OK to continue During hard disk formatting, the power button on the system front and the PS button on the wireless controller are not active. System software is not deleted when the hard disk is formatted. Settings that are saved on the hard disk, such as bookmarks under (Internet Browser), will be deleted This video will show you how to format your HDD using your PC. This video will show you how to format your HDD using your PC Download the latest PS3 update v 4.81 (i think) Just google it and download from your COUNTRY OF PURCHASE playstation website. Format both thumb drives (if 1 doesnt work, the other will work) as Master boot record, FAT32. Format HDD internal harddisk (PS3) to Master boot record,FAT32 - using external hard drive enclosure

How to format a PS3 hard drive - Quor

1. Click OK when a box appears telling you that the formatting is done. You can now use your USB stick with your PS3. Tip. If you do not have a FAT2 option in the File System menu, go to Start, click Run, and type the following command: format X: /fs:FAT32. Replace X with your drive letter. Advertisement. references
  2. Connect PS3 HDD to PC. Remove all cables from the PC. Open the side or back panel of the PC with the Phillips screwdriver. Place the side or back panel aside. Remove the screw from the upper corner of a hard-disk tray inside an empty hard-drive bay with the Phillips jeweler's screwdriver. Pull the hard-drive tray out of the bay
  3. A hard drive is a place where data is stored. By substituting out a hard drive with 2.5 inches SATA hard drive as PS3 or Play Station 3 hard drive is formed. PS3 is a system of game soothes. PS3 has been planned to run pairing with any piece of equipment that is used with its interface
  4. The PS3's hard drive is fixed to a metal plate using four little screws on its underside. You'll need to remove all four to change your old PS3 hard drive for your new one
  5. In this tutorial I explain how I use verbatim FAT32 tool to format any USB drive in order to work on PS3. This is especially necessary when you want to play.
  6. Only HDDs being used externally (via USB) need to be formatted in FAT32. You do not need to pre-format a HDD you plan to install internally to the PS3. The console will format it during the installation. However - read the installation instructions below
  7. utes for the PS3 to format the HDD and reboot. Turn off the PS3 after the Home menu appears
How to Format Hard Drive to exFAT in Windows 10, 8, 7

Format External Hard Drive for PS4 or PS3 within Three Step

PS3 Hard Drive Recommendation and How to Replace PS3 Hard

1. The PS3 hard drive has a corrupt / bad code. This is not a hard drive that I want to simply format and use as an additional drive for my computer. What I want is to remove the PS3 hard drive, save the data to my computer, then format it, re-add the data to the hard drive, and reinstall in the PS3 to see if there's a fix
  2. Connect your formatted hard drive to the Playstation 3 through a USB port and power the console up. Navigate the XMB to the 'Settings' menu and select 'System Settings'. Select the 'Backup Utility' function to create a backup of your data - this can take up to 2 hours if you have a lot of data on the PS3. Edit. 2 comments
  3. hard drive won't format put a new hard drive in ps3 but wont format tried install soft ware as it told me like 3.66 of later OS i download the software on to a USB stick plug it in to the ps3 then wont do any thing is there anything I'm doing wrong hope some can hel
  4. Basically, your PS3's might be detecting something wrong with the drive, which would cause it to perform a full format, where its just doing a quick format on my drive. I recommend you guys (BACKUP FIRST!) take the HD out of the PS3; take it into windows, format it to NTFS and run this (free) tool: h2testw 1.4

Can I Format PS3/4 HDD to NTFS? The Answer Is Negativ

HDD was Toshiba MQ01ABB200 and PS3 was CECHK04. Flashing to 4.46 OFW and reducing 2Tb hard drive to 3633537126 sectors via hiding rest via HPA on PC (formatted first to FAT format on MAC a whole device and GPT instead MBR) with HDAT2 so PS3 sees its as 1732.6GB Hard Drive and did succeed formatting Kinda late for the party, got a PS3 today. Fat model, 80 GB, CECHL04, Rogero 4.50 So after reading tons of guides online, I was under impression I can run games directly from external hard drive, without transfering them to internal

But by the sound of it the PS3 file system on the hard drive has become corrupted. You may be able to repair it on the PS3 it came from. Maybe a safe mode menu option. WARNING: With safe mode menu options please make sure not to select an option that will format (wipe) or overwrite the data on the hard drive that you may want to recover Format Hard Drive to FAT32 without any Limitation; Supports up to 2TB for Computer Internal Hard Disk, Windows External Hard Drive with a XBOX360 and Sony external Hard Drive with a PS3; Works on Windows XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10 and Latest Windows 10 Both 32 & 64 bit; The Problem - Windows Cannot Format Drive to FAT32 that is Larger than 32GB/1T Joined. Sep 29, 2005. Messages. 257. My PS3 died last night and I have never backed up any of my data on to an external drive. I picked up a 120 gb PS3 slim today but I would like to try and restore the data that was on the 40 gb drive somehow. The 40 gb PS3 wont boot at all leaving me with the option to hook the drive up to a PC via a SATA cable

Harddrive - PS3 Developer wik

Video: How to upgrade your PlayStation 3 hard drive - GameSpo

Step 1: At first, try to connect your ps3 external hard drive with your PC. But in the meantime, the file system will resist the external hard drive from being compatible with PS 3. Here the problem is unlike Windows, PlayStation can't read NTFS and it demands to format all external devices with FAT or FAT32. Step 2 Turn on the PS3 and then insert the storage media. Follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall the system software. Do not turn off the system or remove the storage media during the installation. If the installation is cancelled before completion, the system software may become damaged, and the system may require service

Are many types of fat32 format. ps3 no admite extensive fat32. Old fat3 is admited for ps3, have limited espace. 4Gb, I think. Extensive is the alternative for more size If you want to format your external hard drives in FAT32, use a mac with the current operating system on it. You can format as big as 1tb (biggest I have done) and it will read on a PS3, pc, mac, etc. Hope it helps. medionpva, Dec 18, 2008. #28

Format ps3 internal hdd using pc??? PSX-Plac

ps3 - Set up a new hard drive for Playstation 3? - Arqad

Even though the FAT32 format is so versatile and widely used, Windows 10 doesn't allow its users to format the hard drive in FAT32. There is a reason behind it. As it is an extremely old file system and that's why it has two significant limitations Download and run this freeware. 2. At the Home screen, click Backup, and select Disk Backup in the next screen. 3. Select the PS3 hard drive as the source disk to be backed up. 4. Select a folder on your computer hard drive to save the image backup. 5. Click Start Backup to run the backup How to Format a Hard Drive in Windows. Follow these easy steps to format a hard drive in Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, or Windows XP: Open Disk Management, the hard drive manager included with all versions of Windows. Opening Disk Management can be done a number of ways depending on your version of Windows, but the easiest. Plug your new hard drive into a USB port on your PS3 and select Settings → Debug Settings → Debug for HDD Exchange Utility. Press X to accept the agreement, and X again to confirm the copy. After it is finished copying, press X to shut down the console, and then unplug the power cable

Problem with PS3 HDD or system? Time to format HDD over 28

basically what you do is: (if ur external hdd is SATA, because ps3 uses SATA) you take the hard drive its self out of the enclosure take the adapter that i mention above off and plug it into the DriveWire, or what ever your using format it for ps3 and you can use the DriveWire to hook up the old ps3 hdd and transfer everything frm the old hdd. PS3 external drive help? - posted in PS3 and PS4: I recently bought a 1.5 TB USB external drive to play movies off of my PS3. I tried converting the drive from NTSF to FAT32 and it is now still NTSF and has a capacity of 393 GB? can someone show me the proper way to change it back the way it was before and convert it to FAT32, the proper way? i tried using a how to guide but that went downhill. Format Hard Drive with MiniTool Partition Wizard Free Edition. MiniTool Partition Wizard Free Edition is a reputable all-in-one disk partition manager, which can help you not only format hard drive Windows 10 but also enable users to resize partition, check file system,.

If you want to play back specific movies, photos, or music files on your PS3, use a USB drive. The PS3 supports a variety of file types, including MP4, DivX, AVI, and WMV Step 4. Remove the external hard drive after it is done with formatting. Now, connect it to your PS3 with the help of a USB cable, and turn it on. If the PS3 recognizes it, you've successfully formatted it, and set it up for PS3. You can select the necessary files, and put 'em into it, and later on, in your PC The Sony PlayStation 3 (PS3) is commonly used to play video games, DVDs and Blu-Ray Discs, but it can do much more. One of the commonly unknown features is that the PS3 can play files off external devices such as a portable hard drive. You can play files such as MP3s and MP4s and view files such as JPGs and GIFs Seagate IronWolf 12TB NAS Internal Hard Drive HDD 3 Western Digital WD AV-25 WD3200BUCT 320GB 5400 RPM 1 WD Purple 10TB Surveillance Internal Hard Drive - 72 Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAKX 500GB 7200RPM Seagate Pipeline HD ST3500414CS 500GB 16MB Cache 590.

Lenovo - 14 ThinkPad E14 Laptop - 8GB Memory - Intel Core i5 - 1TB Hard Drive. Model: 20RA004XUS. SKU: 6415440. User rating, 3.1 out of 5 stars with 8 reviews. (8) Compare. $684.99. Your price for this item is $ 684.99. Save $74.01 Step 1: Plug your external hard drive into your computer. Step 2: If you have already written any data to the drive, back it up before proceeding to the next step. Step 3: Open Windows Explorer, click the Computer section in the sidebar and find your drive. Step 4: Right-click on the drive and choose Format.

How to Upgrade Your PS4 Hard Drive to an SSD for FasterΕσωτερικός σκληρός δίσκος WD Scorpio Blue 500GB 2PS3 160GB and 320GB Backward Compatibility | Solidly Stated

PS3 - How to do a Factory or Hard Rese

Since the PS3 can only detect FAT32/exFAT file system hard drive, you have to format the HDD or SSD drive to FAT32/exFAT to make sure it can be recognized by PlayStation 3. To change PS3 (Slim) hard drive to larger one, you have to take out the PS3 (Slim) hard drive carefully with the extracting tool This would indicate the optical drive has a 4 pin Molex connector, you would need a Molex to SATA converter. The only format which is compatible with both OS-X (Mac) and Windows is FAT32. If formatted on a Mac you can use Disk Utility to create a single partition for the whole drive. This is technically too big but does work PS3: HowTo: Format FAT32 on a Drive Larger than 32Gb Large hard drives, larger than 32Gb, are common today. In fact it is pretty difficult these days, if not near impossible, to get a drive smaller than 200Gb new A 320GB drive is on its way, but I need to get a few things ready first before I can use it such as backing up my stuff. I finally had an external hard drive formatted for my PS3 and in trying to do it, I've discovered that there are a number of methods where either not enough information was provided or it simply seemed too convoluted to follow Scenarios that causes to format PS3 hard drive. User will lose data frequently from PS3 hard drives by formatting inadvertently. Most of the times while performing some other activity, user may coincidentally press on format option. By doing so, user will lose data from PS3 hard drive

PS3: Final nail in SACD's coffin? - CNET

PS3™ Format Utilit

All models support USB memory devices; flash drives and external hard drives are both automatically recognized. However, they must be formatted with the FAT32 file system — the PS3 does not. Solution 3: Format System. As a last resort before the hard reset you can try to format the system storage of the PS3. Be careful, as mentioned earlier this will get rid of all your data and save Bookmarks, Settings, etc. To format the System open up the Settings Menu on your PS3 and navigate to System > System Settings and click on Format Utility Back in September, the fine folks at DL.TV showed you how to replace the PS3's hard drive with a bigger one. It's easy—if you have a 2.5-inch form factor SATA hard drive, it's just a. you can't. It's a limitation of the Fat32 file system. To get a file larger than 4Gb on the PS3 you have to either split the File (MKV2VOB can be set to automatically do this with MKV's) or connect to a PC Media Server like Win Media Player or PS3 Media Server from the PS3 abd copy the file over the network to the PS3 internal hard drive

Broadly, there are two methods of dumping game files for each format. To dump disc games, you can use either a Custom Firmware (CFW) PS3 or a compatible Blu-ray drive with PC. For PSN games, you need a CFW PS3 or Original Firmware (OFW) PS3 to extract the license files. In both cases, using a CFW PS3 is the superior method Corrupted PS3 HDD. My PS3 HDD got corrupted out of nowhere and as I don't want to loose 10 years of gaming I am trying by any means to get my save files back. I already tried to rebuild database and to install the last update, but the system keeps checking the storage status and is stuck in a loop. I also tried to change the hard drive and use. So I bought a new 500 gig internal hard drive for my ps3. Installing it seemed simple, one problem, all the videos i watched said once i open the door on the side of the ps3 i should be able to simple lift a latch, slide the hard drive to the side and pull it out

Upgrade Your PS3's Hard Drive : 6 Steps - Instructable

My external HDD is currently in NTFS format. From what I understand Gaming consoles cannot read NTFS drives. They only read FAT based drives. I backed up all my data on my PC and attempted to format my drive. Upon reading it looks like the PS3 only currently reads FAT32. Which has a max single file limit of 4gb To format a partition, logical drive or basic volume: Ithe app you are looking for is in control panel under adminstrative tool soo for disk mangement on the left hand menu upon opeing of theis tool it should give the drive a letter F: drive letter may differ deprnding on the type of setup you have to allow you to rewrite the drive to ntfs to be used in window Step 4: Back up all files from the PS3™ hard disk to an external storage device. Then, use a backup that was made to an external storage to restore data to the PS3™ hard disk drive. Something About PS3 Hard Drive. PS3 stands for PlayStation and is a home video game console produced by Sony Computer Entertainment. The PS3 has a 256MB of XDR.

How to Add an External Hard Drive to a PlayStation

Any DRIVE Formatter is a free utility which can format connected mass storage devices, even when Windows is unable to. There are times when Windows refuses to format an external drive and often displays various errors. This program can help. Any DRIVE Formatter's utility is in the fact it can also deal with damaged or fauly hard drives First of all you'll need a USB flash drive or an external hard drive. Plug it into your computer and copy over the movie files that you want to watch on your PS3. Plug the USB drive or external hard drive into one of the USB ports on the PS3. Navigate to Video on the PS3 XMB menu and find your device. Hit triangle to view all contents

PS3 - CFW 4

What's USB Format for PS3 How to Free Format PS3 USB

Seifelden 500GB Hard Disk Drive with 3 Year Warranty Refurbished Sony PlayStation 3 PS3 120GB Hard Drive 2.5 inch Laptop Hard Disk Case High Speed USB 3.0 Mo . Hitachi 160GB 5400RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 2.5 Ha New 320GB 5400RPM SATA2 Laptop 2.5 Hard Drive -DELL Western Digital WD3200BVVT 320GB 8MB Cache 5400RPM S. The PS3's 80GB internal hard drive gives you about 65GB for your own media — roomy enough for over 500 albums in 320Kbps MP3 format, or nearly 100 full-length movies in AVI format The PS3 hard drive is like any other hard drive which is made up of sectors. Even if a single sector of this hard drive is damaged, the entire drive will eventually become unreadable. Though your data will still be there on the drive, you won't be able to read it or get access to it EDIT: I understand that PS3 does not recognise HDDs larger than 2TB and many went in for only 2TB HDDs to play safe. Just check the PS3 forums anyway. How to format an External Hard drive to Fat32 if it is larger than 30GB - Page 2 - PS3Hax Network - Playstation 3 Hacks and Mod Step 2: Connect external PS3 hard drive with USB cable. If the hard drive is recognized, then right click the icon of What type of files do you want to recover?. Step 3: Choose file types. Now you can see some file types on the PC so that you need to select the types of data and choose the external removable drives

Why can't Ps3 format and partion a External hard drive. you need a PC to use an external hard drive. and it's a pain. I have mator one touch mini (160gig) and it took me awhile (1 whole day) to do all the stuff you just talked about and it would have been much easier if PS3 formatted the external drive. The internal drive was a pice of cake Plug your USB or external hard drive on your PS3 console second port. Turn on your PlayStation 3 and go to System Setting>Backup Utility and make a backup. Plug your USB drive on your PC and copy Backup file. Run Retailer as administrator. Paste your backup file on TrueAncestor Backup Retailer v2.30\backup folder How to delete PS3 hard drive data? Your PS3 will accumulate space on its hard drive with time. Your PS3 hard drive may contain some important or sensitive data too. If you plan to sell off your PS3 or give it to your brother, it is necessary to delete the hard drive data, if you do not want to share some critical data with anyone Having filled up over half over the PS3 hard drive already (you just got to love HD downloads haven't you) I have come to the conclusion I need a bigger hard drive. I believe a USB hard drive would be the best option as it means I can transfer downloads straight from my laptop (also 60GB ) to the hard drive and just plug it into the PS3

Gears of War (Region Free) PC Download - NitroblogBlu Ray, Sound and Vision: Silent Sony On PS4 Playback Of

The Xbox 360 will work with external storage of up to 32GB, in the FAT32 file system. For this reason, we would recommend using a USB thumb drive, instead of an external hard drive with your Xbox 360 You can format your Hard Drive to FAT32 System using Diskpart by simply giving a few commands. But formatting your Drive means the loss of entire data stored on your Hard Drive. Thus, we recommend you to take a backup of your Drive before you start to format your Drive @rudyarr: The old hard drive shouldn't need to be reformatted if you put it back into the original PS3 that it was in. PS3s only ask you to format drives if it recognizes that the drive has not been formatted by that PS3.Or at least that is my understanding of how it works. You can manually upload any save files from the Save Data Utility so you should be able to transfer all your files onto. Step 1 - Format the PlayStation 3 hard drive. In the XMB (PS3 interface) go to Settings -> System Settings -> Format Utility and select the Format Hard Disk option. Select YES when you will be. Connect the unallocated hard drive to a working computer and run Remo Recover software on the system. Select the Recover Partitions option on the main screen. Next, select your unallocated hard drive and hit the Scan button. After scanning the unallocated drive, Remo will display all the partitions existing on the drive